Mining Electronics Division is actively associated with the
identification and Implementation of Electronics & Control System
for underground mines as well as opencast projects besides planning and
design of communication network of subsidiaries for providing voice and
data communication as a part of CoalNet project. Electronics Department
is associated with laboratory activities pertaining to the repair and
calibration of different gas detectors/monitors for underground mines
based on the approval accorded by the DGMS authority as well as
repairing of imported HEMM Electronics cards of 120T/170T/85T Dumpers,
Dhovels, Draglines & Drill etc.
Electronics Division of CMPDI Ltd. has well established laboratory for
undertaking repairing and maintenance jobs related to safety and
industrial Electronics systems of mines. Our Laboratory is duly
certified by BVQI for ISO-9001 and accredited by DGMS Dhanbad for
undertaking repairing and calibration of all types of gas detectors
vide letter no.16(2)-84-Genl/1075 dtd. 20.2.92 and 16(7) 2003-Genl/1886
dtd.12.5.03. important repairing jobs undertaken by this division
a) Electronic Cards of HEMM equipment
|| TPP 17FM 522
|| GFSP 17FM 491
|| GFM Module
|| Logic Card 17 FD 1403
|| Logic Card 17 FD 1402
|| Isolation amplifier Module
|| Load ref. card 17 FD 1163
|| Timer Card 17 FD 1405
|| MFLP Card
|| VMM Module
|| Power Supply Card 17 FD 1110
|| Electronic Drive Card 17 FD 1398
|| 17 FD 1414
|| Electronic buffer card 17 FD 1415
|| Electronic card 17 FD 1416
|| Electronic card 17 FD 1436
|| Electronic card 17 FD 1437
|| Electronic card 17 FD 1208
|| Electronic card 17 FD 1401
|| Electronic card 17 FD 1404
|| Timer card 17 FD 1405
|| Electronic card 17 FD 1397
|| Electronic card 17 FD 1446
|| Crow bar/Battery boost
|| 17 FD 1349
|| 17 FD 1172
|| SCR Firing card 17 FD 1349
|| 17 FD 1138
|| Motoring Reg. card 17 FD 1345
|| Interface Amplifier car 17 FP 1160
|| Retard Ref. card 17 FD 1468
Drill SBSH 250 H
|| Power Supply Card
|| Exciter Card
|| Pulse generator card
|| Pulse amplifier card
|| Relay Card
|| Reversible Logic Card
|| Automatic Voltage Isolator Card
|| Single phase power supply card
|| Voltage regulator card
|| Divertor control module
|| Current Regulator card
|| Firing pulse Generator Card
|| Firing pulse amplifier card
|| Voltage regulator card
|| Blocking circuit card
|| Blocking amplifier card
|| Adopter Swing Card
|| Voltage regulator card
Champion Motor Grader
|| Gear Control Card
85 T Komatsu Dumper
|| Gear Control (Computer card) Card
|| Warning controller card
H. MK 30 B
|| 17 FB 100 power supply card
|| 17 FB CPU card
|| 17 FB 140 Analog card
|| 17 FB 104 Digital card
b) Repairing & Calibration of Gas Monitors
Analog/Digital Methanometer and Multigas detector are being repaired
and calibrated in our Electronics Laboratory. Presently D6-MSA make
methanometers are being repaired & calibrated however the repairing
& calibration of Digital gas detectors shall be undertake
Electronics Division has prepared various feasibility reports project
reports and tender documents for CIL & its subsidiary companies,
Singareni Colliery Co. Ltd., Bharat Aluminum, Hindustan Copper,
Hindustan Zinc Ltd. Some of the important and major areas covered are
- Surface integrated communication based on HF, VHF, UHF, MART,
EPABX, DECT, OFC, VSAT and WLAN.
- Automation, Control and Communication for Coal Washeries and CHPs.
- Monitoring and instrumentation of domestic mechanised soft coke
plant coal gas plants.
- Underground mine communication and monitoring.
- Opencast mine communication and mine management system.
- Temparature control, both ratio control, thickness gauge controls
for Aluminum plant.
- Repair & maintenance of Microprocessor based environmental
monitoring system (Moonidih, Tipong, Dhemomain & Amlabad).
- Indigenisation of Imported Control cards of BATAC Jigs of
washeries (Bhojudih, Rajrappa and Kargali).
- Prepared NIT for Truck Dispatch System for Dudhichua OCP of NCL.
- Conducted field trial of Mine Management System at Rajrappa OCP
for 3 months in 1986.
Electronics Division has been associated with various R&D
activities alongwith reputed Research Institute and reputed
manufacturers of the country like IIT, Kharagpur, IIT, Kanpur, CEERI,
Pilani, CMRI, Dhanbad and BIT, Mesra for development of new system.
List of important projects are listed below :-
- CDS System
Know-how transferred and commercialised with several parties e.g. AKG
Eelctronics, SEMEX India, Beltron etc.
- Sound Powered Telephone System
Developed in Association with M/s. AKG Electronics.
- Cage Communication System
Developed & installed in association with M/s. Beltron at Moonidih,
BCCL. Also one hoist communication system of foreign make was tried out
at BGML, Kolar.
- Inductive Communication System
Designed and developed in association with M/s. Beltron.
- Leaky Feeder Communication System
Developed in association with CEERI Pilani under S&T project and
tried out at Hindustan Copper Ltd., Khetri Mines.
- VLF (Very Low Frequency) Communication for Trapped Miners
Designed and developed with the help of IIT, Kanpur, Field trial at
Kusmunda, BCCL and Sirka Mine, CCL.
- Goaf Temperature Monitoring System
Developed in association with BIT Mesra under S&T project. Field
Trial conducted at Dhemonain & Seetalpur Colliery, ECL.
Developed in association with ISM, Dhanbad and knowhow transferred to
- Run away Coal Tub Warning System
Developed in association with BIT Mesra under S&T grant Field Trial
conducted at Central Saunda, CCL.
- Environmental Monitoring System
Developed in association with M/s. UPTRON and M/s. BHEL under TDC
funding. Field Trial conducted at PK-1 mines, SCCL, and Tirat Colliery,
- Mine – Winder Monitoring System
Developed in association with CEERI, Pilani under TDC scheme. The
know-how transferred to M/s. V.K.Industries, Rajasthan and M/s. Andrew
- Coal Ash Monitoring System
Developed in association with ECIL, Hyderabad under TDC funding
programme. Field Trial conducted at Dugda Washery, BCCL.
- Coal Tub Weighing Counting System
Developed in association with BIT Mesra, under S&T Project. Tried
out at Hathidari Incline, CCL.
- Geological Discontinuities
Being developed in association with IIT, Kharagpur
- Damodar Flood Level Warning System
Developed in association with BIT, Mesra and tried out at A.K. Mines,
- Loud Hailing Communication System
Developed in association with IIT, Bangalore and tried out at Saunda-D,
- Laser Alignment System
Developed in association with Jyoti Ltd., and tried out at Moonidih,
- Shaft Signalling System
Developed in association with WSF, Calcutta and tried out at Saunda-D,
- Turnkey execution of Telecommunication network of voice/data for
- Scheme for Telecommunication network of voice/data for MCL.
- HEMM Electronic cards repairing for 170T/120T dumpers, shovels,
dragline and drills.
- Repairing and calibration of methanometers (D6-MSA make &
Digital Gas Detector).
- Chapter on electronics and telecommunication for various project
- R&D funded project on geological discontinuity through Radar
Technique in association with IIT, Kharagpur.