RTI Act, 2005
Under Section 4(1)(b) of the Right to Information Act, 2005
||Particulars of the Organisation
- Powers and duties of its officers and employees.
- For smooth discharge of their functions the Directors, Heads of Departments and Head of wings derive power from
the Delegation of Power assigned to them by the Management for which Office Orders are issued from time to time.
The duties of the officers and employees of Central Mine Planning & Design Institute Ltd. have been spelt out in different documents viz. -
Terms of Appointment of Directors, Common Coal Cadre, Job Nomenclature, Delegation of Powers, various statutes etc.
In addition, the officers and employees of the Company are also assigned duties by the Management for which administrative
orders are issued from time to time.
- The procedures followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability
- The various proposals are mooted by the different Heads of Departments in their respective fields to the concerned Functional Directors.
The Functional Directors takes decisions on those proposals, which are within their delegation of powers.
The matter, which require the approval/vetting by the Board of Directors, are placed before the Board for approval vis a vis decisions.
Certain matters which require approval of the shareholders of the Company are taken up in the General Meeting or the Shareholders
as per provisions of the Company’s Act 1956. Similarly, some matters, which require the decision of the Government in terms of
various directives issued by the Government from time to time are sent to Ministry of Coal.
Still, some matters require the decision of different Functional Directors. In that event, decisions on such matters are taken by
the Functional Directors together. Then, Some matters are also to be decided by the CMDs of all subsidiaries and Functional Directors
of CIL together in CMDs meet.
- The norms set by CMPDIL for the discharge of function by the various departments
- Well defined procedure and guidelines for discharge of various functions are available which are as under :-
Delegation of Powers
The executives of the Company discharge their functions and responsibilities within the framework of powers delegated to them by the Board of Directors/concerned Directors.
Laid down policies and guidelines
CIL’s policies and guidelines govern the functions of the Company. The officers follow these guidelines while discharging their function.
CIL has procedural manuals covering all important activities like manuals on Account, marketing, personnel, purchase manual etc. The executives while discharging their duties follow the provisions of these manuals and thereby maintain uniformity. These manuals make sure that activities are carried out in a systematic and organised manner.
Guidelines of the Central Vigilance Commission
CMPDI being a PSU follow the guidelines of Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) issued from time to time.
Guidelines of the Department of Public Enterprises
CMPDI being a PSU follows the guidelines of Department of Public Enterprises and directions of Government of India issued from time to time.
Compliance of provisions of Statutes, etc.
While discharging the respective functions, executives are required to comply with the applicable provisions of Indian constitution, statues and rules & regulations applicable to the Company.
- The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals, and records held by CMPDIL under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions
- The Rules, Regulations, Instruction Manuals and Records held by CMPDI under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions
CMPDI has a number of set rules and manuals which govern the functioning of the organization. Some of these are -
Matters pertaining to Company Affairs
- Memorandum & Articles of Association
- Various Rules under Companies Act, 1956
Matters pertaining to Finance & Accounts
- Budget & Budgetary Control
- Finance Manual
- Delegation of Powers
Matters pertaining to Contract, Purchase, Sales, Civil Engineering etc.
Matters pertaining to Personnel and Industrial Relations
- National Coal Wage Agreement- I to VII
- Common Coal Cadre
- Rules on Leave, Medical Attendance & Treatment Rules
- House Building Advance Rules, LTC rules etc
- Conduct Discipline & Appeal Rules
- Cadre Scheme
- Coal India TA / DA Rules
- A statement of the categories of documents that are held by CMPDIL or under its control
- Documents pertaining to incorporation
- Memorandum & Article of Association
Documents pertaining to Accounts
- Books of Accounts
- Annual Reports & Accounts
- Statement of Quarterly Financial Results
- Account Manual
- Documents pertaining to deduction of Income Tax, Tax deducted at
- Vouchers etc.
Documents pertaining to Company Affairs
- Statutory Registers under the Companies Act, 1956
- Annual Returns under the Companies Act, 1956
- Returns & Forms under the companies Act filed with the
Registrar of Companies etc.
Documents pertaining to Board Meeting & General Meeting
- Agenda Papers of Board Meetings
- Minutes Book of meetings of the Board of Directors
- Minutes Book of General meetings of the shareholders etc.
Documents pertaining to Establishment matters
- Documents containing the details of Employees
- Executive Evaluation Reports
- Delegation of Powers
- Employees Personal file.
||The particulars of arrangement that exists for consultation with or, representation by, the members of public in relation to the formulation or its policy thereof
|| A statement of the Board, Councils, Committees and other bodies consisting of 2 or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice and as to whether meetings of these boards, Councils, Committees and other bodies are open to public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for Public
||Directory of its officers and employees
- The monthly remunerations received by each officers and employees of CMPDIL, including the system of regulation as provided in its Regulations
- The remuneration of the officers of the company is governed by the guidelines of the Department of Public Enterprise, Government of India. The pay scales of the officers are of Industrial pattern. Whereas the wages of the Non Executives are fixed through negotiations with the Central Trade Unions.
||The budget allocated to each of its agency, indicating the particulars of all plans proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made
- The manner of execution of subsidy programmes, including the amounts allocated and details of beneficiaries of such amounts
- CMPDI does not allocate any subsidy.
- Particulars of recipients of concessions, permits or authorization granted by it
- CMPDI does not grant any concessions, permits or authorization.
- Details in respect of information, available to or held by it reduced in an electronic form
- Transport Contracts Manual
- Turnkey Contracts Manual
- Contract Management Manual
- Post Award Management Manual
- Registration of Contractors Manual
- Civil Engineering Manual - I
- Civil Engineering Manual - II
- Purchase Manual
- Purchase Manual Amendment
Acts and Notifications
- Notification regarding Colliery Control Order
- Mines and Minerals (Development & Regulation) Act,1957 (As
amended upto 20th December,1999
- Mineral Concession Rules, (1960) As amended upto 18th
- The Coal Mines (Nationalisation) Act 26 of 1973
- Coal Bearing Acquisition & Development Act, 1957 (20 of 1957)
As modified upto 1.12.1976.
- Notification for Coal Bearing Areas Acquisitions &
- Coal Mines Provident Fund (CMPF) and Miscellaneous Provisions
- CMPF, Coal Mines Family Pension, Coal mines deposit linked
- The Coking & Non- Coking coal Mines (Nationalization)
- The Coal Mines (Nationalization) Amendment Act,1976
- The Coal Mines Nationalisation Laws (Amendment) Act 1978
- The Coking Coal Mines (Nationalisation) Act,1972
- The Coal Mines Nationalisation Law (Amendment) Act 1986
- The Coking Coal Mines (Emergency Provisons) Act, 1971
- The Coal mines (Taking over of Management) Act,1973
- Coal Mines (Conservation & Development) Rule,1975
- Coal Mines (Conservation & Development) Act,1974 No 28 of
- Notifications related to Coal mines conservation &
- Coal Mines Pension Scheme,1998
- Particulars of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information, including the working hours of a Library
- Any citizen of India who desires to obtain any information under the
Right to Information Act, 2005 may make a request preferably in the
application format in writing to the Central Public Information Officer.
The application for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of
section 6 of the Right to Information Act, 2005 must be accompanied by prescribed
Application Fee of Rs.10/- drawn in favour of "CMPDI Ltd.", payable at
Mode of Payment: By cash against proper receipt or by Demand
Draft/Banker's Cheque/India Postal Order.
Persons who below to BPL category are not required to pay any fee
provided necessary documents are produced in support of their claim
The applicant shall be informed of the additional fees, if any,
required to be deposited by him/her for the information sought and
information shall be furnished after the deposit of the fee by the
applicant, as per the Act. At present, the applicable rates are given
|For each page (in A4 or A3 size
|Rs.2/- per page
|For a copy in larger size paper
|Actual charge or cost price
|For samples or models
|Actual cost or price
|For inspection of records
|No fee for the first hour; and a
fee of Rs.5/- for each hour (or fraction thereof) thereafter
Further, for providing information under sub-section (5) of section of
the Act, the fee shall be charged at the following rates:
|For information provided in
|Rs.50/- per diskette
|For information provided in
|At the price fixed for such
publication or Rs.2/- per page of photocopy for extracts from the
The mode of payment of above mentioned additional fees shall be same as
In case the Applicant who does not receive the information within the
time specified in sub-section (1) of clause (a) of sub-section (3) of
section 7 of the Act or is aggrieved by the decision of the Public
Information Officer, as the case may be, may within thirty days from
the expiry of such period from the receipt of such a decision, prefer
an appeal to the Appellate Authority.
Library Facility for general public:
Presently CMPDI does not have any Library Facility for general public.
Names, designation and other particulars of the Public Information Officers
||Annual Return of CMPDIL
||Application for seeking Information